Miacup is a great new alternative to menstrual pads and tampons. Convenient, reliable, safe and environmentally responsible and cost effective.
What Is Miacup ?
Miacup is a soft, highly pliable medical-grade silicone "cup" that is compactly folded and then easily inserted low in the vagina. There, it unfolds and creates a secure seal which allows it to collect almost three times the amount of menstrual fluid that an average tampon or sanitary pad can absorb. The process is gentle on your body, clean, comfortable and highly reliable.
When the cup is full, it can be easily removed, emptied, wiped or washed clean and reused. Between cycles it can be sterilised by placing in boiling water or wiping with rubbing alcohol. A single cup can give years of service: paying for itself many times over and keeping hundreds or even thousands of disposable menstrual products out of landfills.
How Is Miacup Better ?Unlike tampons or sanitary pads which often contain chemicals, made from GMOs, or release fibres, Miacup is made from the same silicone material used for permanent surgical heart-valve implants, is completely inert, suitable for women with latex allergies, and not associated with Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS).
Feel comfortable and dry with the Miacup menstrual cup and save a fortune for it!
- Can be worn for up to 12 hours at a time. Can be worn overnight
- Easy to clean. Nothing to throw away. Easy to steriise
- Easy to use. Comfortable. No strings
- More reliable. Perfect for swimming & other sports
- Perfect for travelling. Requires less space to store/pack
- Can be worn before start of period
- Contains no harmful substances. Leaves no fibres behind
- Not associated with TSS, fungal or bacterial infections
- Does not interfere with the body’s natural processes. Does not irritate or dry
- Environmentally friendly. Lasts for years. Cost effective
- Can be worn by more women. Can be used with an Intra Uterine Device
- Ethical - A portion of proceeds from every Miacup sold will be donated to Food & Trees For Africa
Which Model Cup Do I Need ?
"Model 1" is generally appropriate for women who fall into either of the following two categories:
1. Women younger than 30 who have never had children.
2. Women younger than 30 who have given birth by Caesarean section.
"Model 2" is generally appropriate for women who fall into either of the following two categories:
1. All women older than 30.
2. All women that have given birth vaginally.
For Miacup to work as effectively as possible, it is important that you use the correct model.
Model 2 is very slightly larger in the diameter to account for the natural loss of vaginal elasticity that can occur with ageing or with vaginal birth.
How Do I Get Support And Assistance After My Purchase ?
Miacup offer excellent after-sales support, and you can contact them directly via the following channels:
|Model 1||Generally appropriate for women who are either younger than 30 who have never had children, or younger than 30 who have given birth by Caesarean section.|
|Model 2||Generally appropriate for women who are either older than 30, or have given birth vaginally.|
Miacup - Rethink the Tampon (Model 1)
- Brand: Miacup
- Availability: In Stock